Items We Consign
Items We Consign
Are you downsizing, relocating or redecorating? Do you have wonderful things in your home that you no longer utilize or that fit into your home’s current design scheme? Acosta’s Home Consignment has 2 amazing showrooms to display your items. We will stage, advertise and market your items in our locations in order to give maximum visibility to a large number of buyers and ensure a quick and profitable sale of your goods.
Consignment furniture doesn’t mean it is heavily used and it doesn’t mean it’s old. Many of the items at Acosta’s are brand new, nearly new and can still be found in retail stores. Acosta’s accepts the best quality furniture in a variety of styles that appeal to a large number of customers.
ITEMS WE ACCEPT:
- Original / Framed / Decorator / Canvas
- Metal and iron wall hangings
- Home Décor (Minimum purchase price of $25)
- Decorative accessories
- Tabletop decor
- Holiday (Seasonal)
- Small accent furniture
- Faux houseplants, pottery greenery & current style floral arrangements
- Chess sets, globes, leather-bound books (in perfect condition)
- Waterford & better brand crystal
- Current style china & pottery (complete sets)
- Decorative pillows
- Benches, side chairs, etc.
- This is a sample list, call for more information
- Bedroom furniture
- Beds, daybeds, bunk/loft bed, dressers, nightstands, wardrobes
- Living Room furniture
- Sofa, loveseats, sectionals, recliners, tables, chairs, ottomans, media consoles
- Dining Room furniture
- Table and chairs, server/sideboard, china cabinets (if part of a set), pub sets, stools
- Home Office
- Desks, credenza, decorative file cabinets, leather office chairs
- Accent/Other Furniture
- Barstools, decorative chests, some display cabinets, bookcases, baker’s racks, game tables, jukeboxes, the occasional ebony grand piano & more!
- Outdoor Furniture (Seasonal)
- Upholstered furniture
- Age: 5 years or newer preferred. More mature pieces will be considered and accepted based on brand, style, color and condition.
*We sell a wide variety of brands including Century, Ethan Allen, Thomasville, Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn Crate & Barrel, Bernhardt, Henredon, Hooker Co, Marge Carson, Ashley, Sherill & many, many more!
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Upright pianos & organs
- Collector plates
- Large Chandeliers & Wired Sconces
- Collectibles (exception of Lladro & some better brand pieces)
- Commercial office furniture
- Cribs, changing tables
- Silver-plated items
- Entertainment centers or TV armoires (that cannot accommodate at least a 60″ flat screen TV)
- Exercise equipment (exception being the occasional like new, luxury treadmill)
- Glass top dining tables, end table, coffee tables (limited – we do consign a small amount)
- Lacquer furniture
- Lamps without shades or with pleated or yellowed/damaged shades
- Particle board furniture
- Small ‘knick-knacks’
- Cut glass or misc. glass dishes
- Textiles (Draperies, linens, bedding, clothing) – exception Eastern Accents or Waterford bedding in package
- Unframed art, faded prints, art with dated matting or framing
- Victorian style seating
- Items with missing or broken hardware
- Items in need of repair, cleaning, refinishing or re-upholstery
- Furniture with water stains or noticeable scratches on the primary surfaces
Acosta’s accepts quality furniture in nearly-new condition (an 8 to 10 on a 10-point scale). Merchandise must be clean and ready to be presented for resale. The better is looks, the better it sells!
- Upholstered and Leather Furniture
- Should be vacuumed on top of and under cushions
- Free of rips, stains, tears, worn upholstery
- Free from discoloration from sunlight or inconsistency of fabric
- Smoke free/ Odor free/ Free of pet hair
- Cushions should have little to no indication of sagging or lack of shape.
- Stable construction
- Hard Goods (Tables, Bookcases, Bedroom furniture, etc…)
- Dust and cob web free.
- Free of watermarks and discoloration.
- Free of major scratches, chips or other noticeable flaws.
- No broken or missing hardware pieces. Drawers and doors must operate properly.
- Hardware for items that are not pre-assembled must be in a plastic sealed bag and labeled appropriately.
- Legs and frame must be sturdy
* There will be a quality inspection of your pieces upon arrival at the store prior to final acceptance for consignment. We reserve the right to decline any items that do not meet our quality standards. A cleaning fee may be charged if an item requires excessive dusting or cleaning prior to displaying.
Are you ready to get started?
All furniture consigned must be pre-approved and scheduled. Click on our online Consignment Request Form to get the easy approval process started. Please allow a minimum of 48 hours for a response.
Home Décor does not require pre-approval, but does require a scheduled appointment window during consignment hours.
After you have booked your appointment, check in at the Consignment Desk on the day of your appointment and park nearest the Consignor Drop-Off door. Speed up the process by filling out all of the * areas on the CONSIGNOR FORM and bring in with you.